Spain Shopping Tips by SirRichard Top 5 Page for this destination
Spain Shopping: 62 reviews and 76 photos
At the stadium
If you are a fan of Real Madrid soccer team and wanna buy original items from the club there are at least a pair of shops of the club in Madrid.
- One at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium (Castellana ave, Metro Santiago Bernabeu), where you can also visit the trophy room and have a tour around the stadium.
- One at Carmen street very near from Puerta del Sol, in the first corner after you enter the street from the square.
Madrid map, free at El Corte Ingles
If you like the convinience of Department Stores, where everything is in the same building, "El Corte Ingles" is the main (only?) place in Spain for this. They have shops in nearly every spanish town, so you won't have problems finding the nearest one. The prices are not always the cheapest, but you may be (almost) sure to find what you need without walking up and down the town.
Theme: Department Store
El Rastro, Madrid
There are several flea markets all over Spain, but maybe the most famous is "El Rastro", in Madrid. It is held on sunday mornings in Madrid, around the "Ribera de Curtidores" street (Metro La latina, Puerta de Toledo or Anton Martin). Here you can find second hand things, furniture, clothes, books, records, souvenirs... and many many people... take care of your stuff, many pickpockets around too!!
Theme: Local Craft
We have a wide variety of seeds and dried fruits (almonds, nuts...) that you can find in street stalls or in specialized shops (look for the "Frutos Secos" sign).
This stall was photographed at the Retiro Park, Madrid, on a sunday morning, when many locals gather to take a walk and enjoy the many street entertainements you can find there (singers, massages, portrait-makers, puppet theatre...)
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (80)
- See All Beaches: sandy, rocky, pebbles?
- See All Depends on where you go...
- See All Eurolines
- See All Cafes
- See All Vejer (Cadiz)
- See All Soccer
SirRichard's Related Pages
Spain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Viva Espana!"
- "The Clock Does Not "Rule" in Spain"
- "More than this..."
- "VT meeting in Madrid"
- "A Method to the MAD(ness)......and the players!"
- "Bienvenido a Espana - Welcome to Spain."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Spain
- Hotels in Spain
- Transportation in Spain
- Nightlife in Spain
- Restaurants in Spain
- Shopping in Spain
- Warnings and Dangers in Spain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Spain
- 796 Reviews
- 1,004 Photos
- 269 Forum posts
- 21 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Spain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Spain
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues