Vietnam Off The Beaten Path Tips by SirRichard Top 5 Page for this destination
Vietnam Off The Beaten Path: 159 reviews and 183 photos
A veggies market
I like to wander around popular markets trying to guess what is sold there. Sometimes (few) I can find a similar product to what you can see in OUR markets, but most of the time the vegetables, spices and so are totally different.
I use to ask the names of the strangest ones and then try to ask for it at the restaurants and so find what they taste like, though is often hard, as they usually come in an assorted veggies dish, so you can't appreciate the flavour of a single element...
When U travel by bus in Vietnam you will surely stop several times for lunch, drinks and so. I found it very interesting looking at the many strange and colourful products you can find in those road stalls.
There are of course some international items (Sunsilk, Nestle...) but some little local products are really interesting, and most totally unknown for me. I tried a can of watermelon drink and I found it delicious, though it was the first time I saw a similar drink...
One in Hue
Though the country is no longer into orthodox communism, you can still find in some streets those huge posters with smiling people and bright colors, similar to those in Cuba, in a classical propaganda tradirion...
More Reviews (48)
- See All Hanoi Water Puppets Theatre
- See All Chinese Guesthouses (Hoi An)
- See All Cyclos
- Hanoi, capital of touts
- See All Ho Chi Minh
- See All Hand towels
SirRichard's Related Pages
Vietnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- "Tampa_Shawn Visits Vietnam"
- "Count your Dong in Vietnam"
- "A Mc Donalds and tampoons free country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vietnam
- Hotels in Vietnam
- Transportation in Vietnam
- Nightlife in Vietnam
- Restaurants in Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vietnam
- See All...
Explore the World
- Playa del Carmen Off The Beaten Path
- Independence Off The Beaten Path
- Chincoteague Off The Beaten Path
- Shinjuku Off The Beaten Path
- Movies and Paris
- Nakhon Ratchasima Off The Beaten Path
- Hellevoetsluis Off The Beaten Path
- Dampier Off The Beaten Path
- Strasbourg Off The Beaten Path
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Off The Beaten Path
- Newcastle Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Vietnam
- 167 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Vietnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietnam
- Posted in Travel Jerez de la Frontera Forum "Re: Walking around Jerez"
- Commented on one of S^nnY's Vietnam travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hanoi Water Puppets Theatre in Vietnam Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hanoi Water Puppets Theatre"
- created a Vietnam Travel Page "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
Top Vietnam hotels
- Ho Chi Minh City Hotels
- 3083 Reviews - 6932 Photos
- Hanoi Hotels
- 2673 Reviews - 5715 Photos
- Nha Trang Hotels
- 442 Reviews - 999 Photos
- Vung Tau Hotels
- 68 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Phan Thiet Hotels
- 158 Reviews - 408 Photos
- Da Nang Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 183 Photos
- Da Lat Hotels
- 249 Reviews - 798 Photos
- Sapa Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 661 Photos
- Hue Hotels
- 615 Reviews - 1656 Photos
- Hoi An Hotels
- 797 Reviews - 1713 Photos
- Hon Mun Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Can Tho Hotels
- 122 Reviews - 275 Photos
- Phu Quoc Hotels
- 98 Reviews - 246 Photos
- Ha Long Hotels
- 447 Reviews - 1522 Photos
- Quy Nhon Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 51 Photos