"A narrow land with a bit of everything" Top 5 Page for this destination Vietnam by SirRichard
Vietnam Travel Guide: 12,819 reviews and 32,283 photos
Vietnam is a country which recently opened to tourism, but has developed a lot in the last few years. Some friends of mine came not long ago and told me it was very virgin, no tourists at all... I wouldn't say so anymore. There are many touristic resources (not as many as in nearby Thailand or Singapore), but is not so touristly crowded as to feel part of a visiting crowd.
It has a rich and ancient culture, very related with its giant north neighbour (China). Not only the Vietnam War remains, but loads of Palaces, Tombs, Museums, and UNESCO heritage places.
Landscapes here are gorgeous... apart from the typical rice fields and palm trees, you can find some fantastic natural sceneries here:
- Halong Bay (north) with its many rocky islands.
- The Mekong river delta, with its many canals, farms, markets...
- The north mountains (Sa Pa...) where you can do some trekking and explore some remote tribes with amazing traditions.
- The beaches around NaThrang and the middle part of the country, so wild...
People are really charming here, you will find a bustling activity around the many local markets, full of colour and enchanting smells.
Vietnam cuisine is famous in Asia, it's got a huge variety and is really delicious and cheap. Try local specialities at the street stalls, sit amongst locals and enjoy food as part of their lives.
This traditional form of puppeting is exclusive of Vietnam, specially of the north, so Hanoi is the perfect place to see... more travel advice
If you are looking for a cheap hotels and guesthouses area in Hanoi, take a look around the area which is north of the... more travel advice
- Hanoi, capital of touts
- See All Ho Chi Minh
- See All Vegetables' markets
- See All Hand towels
- See All Fish markets
SirRichard's Related Pages
Vietnam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- "Tampa_Shawn Visits Vietnam"
- "Count your Dong in Vietnam"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vietnam
- Hotels in Vietnam
- Transportation in Vietnam
- Nightlife in Vietnam
- Restaurants in Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam
- Warnings and Dangers in Vietnam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vietnam
- 167 Reviews
- 185 Photos
- 24 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Vietnam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vietnam
- updated a Vietnam Travel Page "A narrow land with a bit of everything"
- Posted in Travel Jerez de la Frontera Forum "Re: Walking around Jerez"
- Commented on one of S^nnY's Vietnam travel pages
- Wrote a Review Hanoi Water Puppets Theatre in Vietnam Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hanoi Water Puppets Theatre"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues