"A rather virgin country" Top 5 Page for this destination Laos by SirRichard
Laos Travel Guide: 3,610 reviews and 8,869 photos
I admit I had no idea of what I was gonna find when arriving to Laos.
In fact I went because it was on the way between Hanoi and Bangkok, so I said... why not?
And it was a nice surprise! I found a rather tourism-virgin country, a bit undeveloped yet, but very authentic, with nice people, gorgeous landscapes, where religion is a very important part in life... and dirty cheap!!
Laos' nature and landscapes are gorgeous. It is a paradise for outdoor sports, trekking, rafting, hiking...
There are many agencies (mostly in Luang Phabang and Vienviang) that organize Jungle Trails and so, visits to lost tribes, adventure trips...
I just saw the road between Vientiane and Laos, and it seemed like a lost primitive jungle!
You can find temples, stupas, buddhas and other buddhism religion signs everywhere in Laos.
Besides, these temples are not just tourist attractions but living places, where monks study, pray... only in Vientiane are some of them turned into museums, but the rest are used everyday, as religion seems to be very alive here.
Vientiane is not really a paradise for night fans. After dusk the city is nearly deserted and the little (when existing)... more travel advice
This north european bakery & cafeteria is located in the main street. It sounded rather weird to find an Scandinavian... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Laos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One Can Never Get Enough of Laos"
- "Tread Softly: Laos"
- "A rather virgin country"
- "Lao People Democratic Republic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laos
- Hotels in Laos
- Transportation in Laos
- Nightlife in Laos
- Restaurants in Laos
- Shopping in Laos
- Warnings and Dangers in Laos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laos
- 89 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Laos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues