"Naxos, Apollo and Venetian Kastro" Naxos Island by SirRichard
Naxos Island Travel Guide: 288 reviews and 813 photos
Naxos was for me at the beginning just a stop for the ferry, heading somewhere else. But as soon as I saw its silhouette from the ferry I knew I'd stay longer:
At the right the venetian Kastro, a Citadel of white narrow streets.
At the left the magnificient solitary gate of the Apollo Temple!!
There is a big shop where they have all kinds of kitron in the waterfront, close to the main square. Kitron is a liquor... more travel advice
Naxos symbol and most famous landmark. It is said that the wooden gate was lost, and whenever it reappears, Istanbul... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Naxos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Naxos island, the wildest Cyclades"
- "Naxos, Greece"
- "Unspoiled paradise"
- "through the ancient gate"
- "IMPREXXION: NAXOS"
- "Naxos Island - Authentic Greece"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Naxos Island
- Hotels in Naxos Island
- Transportation in Naxos Island
- Nightlife in Naxos Island
- Restaurants in Naxos Island
- Shopping in Naxos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Naxos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Naxos Island
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Naxos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Naxos Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues