"The country of Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia by SirRichard

Cambodia Travel Guide: 8,548 reviews and 23,932 photos

Unspoiled landscapes

I visited Cambodia looking for the Angkor temples, and I must say they didn't disappoint me at all.
But there is much more to see in Cambodia. Phnom Penh (I never know where to put the H, LOL) is the country's capital, a medium size city with a few interesting sights, as the Royal Palace and the National Museum.

Angkor Temples

Angkor Temples are undoubtely the main tourist attraction in Cambodia, and they deserve for itself a visit to the country.
They are located in a vaste area near the village of Siem Reap, in the north west, near the Thai border.
Reserve at least 3 days to visit the many temples and buildings around there.

A green country

Maybe it was because I came in monsoon season, but all the landscapes I saw were green and exhuberant.
I didn't visit the north, where I have read there are beautiful mountains and interesting tribes.
Neither did I visit Sihanoukville, a laidback coastal resort nor the mountains of Rattanakiri in the south... so I guess I will return some day to continbue my visit!

• Last visit to Cambodia: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Sep 16, 2003

• Dec 31, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Happy new year 2008! Nikos from Greece and Emmy from Thailand.

• nsbm's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 9:57 AM

you always have a gr8 pages...and really informative

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2006 at 3:52 AM

Great page .. I enjoy reading it. Love your Vietnam page too. Good work and lovely pictures.

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Enjoy your tips and general information very much on Asia - great pics too.

• sirenna's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2006 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for your excellent tips and helpful insights on this fascinating place. Can't wait to visit!

• worldkiwi's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2005 at 1:01 AM

Thank you for an informative look at Cambodia... I'm planning a future trip and your tip on the boat to PP from SR was helpful!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2005 at 6:37 AM

Shame, i only managed to cover Siem Reap. Still have to return for Tonle Sap & Phnom Penh one day. Your Highway #6 thing is so funny. My bus ride is equally bad. Great Cambodia page!!

• RedEaredPanda's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 5:28 PM

Excellent pages on Cambodia.. Learned a lot just by browsing through your pages.. I'd love to see the 2-3 meter high faces of Bayon.. Very intersting.. Thanks for sharing your tips and the pics. Rafi

• JoannaMoon's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 5:38 AM

Thanks for the great Cambodia tips! Green coconuts jungles temples street food stalls, and the tuktuk... all looks fun and - a good adventure? I will be there in couple of weeks :-)

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2004 at 6:55 AM

Gracias J- estoy revisando tus paginas...pienso llevar a mi higa y a mami a SE Asia y Cambodia es unos de los lugares que pienso visitar!!

SirRichard

“When in doubt, move!”

Badges & Stats in Cambodia

Have you been to Cambodia?

Latest Activity in Cambodia