"The country of Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia by SirRichard
Cambodia Travel Guide: 8,464 reviews and 23,548 photos
I visited Cambodia looking for the Angkor temples, and I must say they didn't disappoint me at all.
But there is much more to see in Cambodia. Phnom Penh (I never know where to put the H, LOL) is the country's capital, a medium size city with a few interesting sights, as the Royal Palace and the National Museum.
Angkor Temples are undoubtely the main tourist attraction in Cambodia, and they deserve for itself a visit to the country.
They are located in a vaste area near the village of Siem Reap, in the north west, near the Thai border.
Reserve at least 3 days to visit the many temples and buildings around there.
Maybe it was because I came in monsoon season, but all the landscapes I saw were green and exhuberant.
I didn't visit the north, where I have read there are beautiful mountains and interesting tribes.
Neither did I visit Sihanoukville, a laidback coastal resort nor the mountains of Rattanakiri in the south... so I guess I will return some day to continbue my visit!
I arrived in Cambodia by land from Thailand and left towards Vietnam in bus too, but there are international flights to... more travel advice
There are so many temples and they are so huge that you will never find them too crowded. Most of the time, you will... more travel advice
- See All Local markets
- Monsoon rains
- See All Tonle Sap
- See All Heart of Darkness (Phnom Penh)
SirRichard's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 140 Reviews
- 155 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues