"A whole wonderful world in a single country" India by SirRichard

India Travel Guide: 28,508 reviews and 78,716 photos

India is such a huge country that a single travel would not reflect its amazing variety. I've been twice there, once several years ago in the north, with an organised tour; and second, in august 2001, travelling on my own all along the south-west coast.

I'll put here some facts I found of interest, but I have the intention of keep going again to India, and try to understand this fascinationg continent, so I'll keep updating this page.

Southwest

India's southwest coast is a marvellous paradise. I travelled all the way down from Mumbai to Trivandrum along the coast on my own, visiting on the way:
- Aurangabad (Ajanta & Ellora caves)
- Puna
- Goa
- Mysore and Bangalore
- Cochin
- Kerala
- Varkala beach
- Trivandrum
I did it by bus/train, sleeping in local budget places and had a wonderful time!!!

• Last visit to India: Aug 2001
  • Intro Updated Mar 8, 2004

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Me has aclarado lo de las listas en el tren , me estaba "pegando"para que me aclararan el número de cabina. Gracias

• .comyati's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2008 at 6:55 AM

u've read tremendously I suppose while traveling, i recomen dis book: Kill the mocking Bird and another one: The Bird of Paradise.

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2007 at 1:34 AM

The best pages on India I have read!Regards from sydney.

• albaaust's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 6:10 AM

Some great photos and tips Joaquin!

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2007 at 7:42 AM

Hi, wow your pages are a joy to read! I love the art... its amazing, thanx for share it with us

• songlines's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Very much enjoyed your India pages and photos, will be back. I am planning my return journey lateron this year. Greetings from West Cork.

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2006 at 5:00 PM

Love your watercolours. Me gusta, muy bien, sus colores de agua!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2006 at 9:59 AM

Excellent tips on India. Once visited it never leaves you, eh? Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 11:30 AM

there are SOOOOO many villas in spain & france & portugal. Sigh... but i'm not a planner. just a muse, alas....

• budapest8's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2006 at 9:22 PM

My India trip back was in`86 and seems not much has changed except more tourists and hotels +Indians have a much better standard of living! Gr8 tips and pics. Thx for sharing ..":*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*.隐形的 ღ (~_~)♫♫"

SirRichard