"Dunes and roman ruins" Bolonia by SirRichard
Bolonia Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 35 photos
Bolonia is a tiny location (just a few houses indeed) in the south west coast of Spain, facing the Atlantic Ocean, not far from Gibraltar.
As many of the neighbour beaches, this one is a white sand semi-wild beach with a huge dune at one extreme. I have been there many times, as I use to go on holidays to Conil, also in "Costa de la Luz", where I have some relatives. It makes a good daytrip from Tarifa or Cadiz.
In the roman period Bolonia was known as Baelo Claudia and was an important fishing village with its own factories, theatre, temples and so. Some ruins are left to visit...
Bolonia is located in the "Light Coast", in Cadiz province, between the capital and Gibraltar, not far from Morocco.
The only way to get there is by car from the N-340 road (Cadiz-Algeciras).
The closest airport is Jerez and the closest train stations are Algeciras and Cadiz.
- Pros:Still unspolied
- Cons:The wind
This is a very windy area, so windsurf and kite flying are obviously main activities here. Not very far is the Tarifa... more travel advice
This particular kind of stone full of little holes is very typical in this part of Spain. It is still used in building... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Bolonia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dunes and roman ruins"
- "Bolonia, a beautiful little town"
- "Bolonia Beach and ruins"
- "Bolonia - Old Roman City"
- "Ruined Roman City set in a Spectacular Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bolonia
- Transportation in Bolonia
- Restaurants in Bolonia
- Warnings and Dangers in Bolonia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bolonia
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Bolonia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bolonia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues