Aranjuez Things to Do Tips by SirRichard Top 5 Page for this destination
Aranjuez Things to Do: 27 reviews and 49 photos
The main entrance
These are the main gardens here. They are located all along the river, and have many entrances along the main road.
They are bigger and "wilder" than the Island's Gardens. Inside you will find:
- Casa del Labrador palace
- Vessels Museum
- Royal embankment
- Pavillions gardens
- Apollo's fountain
The main avenue
This is the smaller garden, the one closest to the Palace. It has smaller paths and more elaborated designs, as well as bird cages and more fountains too...
This little museum is located inside the Prince's Gardens and shows the river vessels that the kings used to go up and down the river.
The embankment now
This embankment was used by the kings when they wanted to make a river trip along the Tajo in one of the boats you can see in the vessels museum (also in the Prince Gardens, a bit up to the north).
Pics from the leaflet (no pics allowed)
This smaller palace is located at the extreme of the Prince Gardens, some 3 kms away from the centre.
It can be visited only upon requirement, you have to phone to 91 891 03 05. Call soon, as the place is small and the groups too...
The palace and the river
Of course this is the main attraction here. If you have seen the Royal Palace in Madrid, is kind of the same but smaller.
Was started to build in 1561, by Phillip II.
Entrance 5 euros, though it was 3 this june, as some rooms were being refurbished.
The visits are guided, in groups, and are in spanish, though if there are enough english-speakers, they can gather in a english speaking group.
It takes about 1 hour for the whole tour. Inside, you can see kings rooms, clothings, toys...
More Reviews (19)
- See All From Madrid by bus
- See All Palace Souvenirs
- See All Canoeing
- See All Tren de la Fresa (Strawberry train)
SirRichard's Related Pages
Aranjuez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gardens and Palaces"
- "THE ROMANTIC ARANJUEZ."
- "Which peaceful place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aranjuez
- Transportation in Aranjuez
- Restaurants in Aranjuez
- Shopping in Aranjuez
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bentong Town
- West Covina
- Trenton Hotels
- Dovercourt Hotels
- Paso Ancho Hotels
- Taunggyi Hotels
- Saint Croix Falls
Badges & Stats in Aranjuez
- 25 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Aranjuez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aranjuez
Photos in AranjuezSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues