"I was born in Cadiz" Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz by SirRichard
Cadiz Travel Guide: 599 reviews and 1,229 photos
I was born in Cadiz, and I lived there for nearly 20 years. I come back whenever I have a long weekend or so.
There are so many places to see, and yet so few tourists. It's like a hidden jewel, so I better stop telling you how wonderful it is... or you might feel like visiting it, and it would get so crowded!!
Cadiz is surrounded by water (Atlantic Ocean) all around, except from the tongue of land you see at the left in the pic.
It had its Golden Era in the 19th century, when it was an outstanding harbour. There are many old pics where you can see the main harbour (in the middle in the pic) full of big wooden vessels with white sails...
Cadiz's old town is round shaped, small, all surrounded by sea but with few beaches. What is not harbour is stone walls keeping the city above the sea level.
It's a very "walkable" city and you will soon feel its relaxed atmosphere and lively streets.
This is a brand new ice cream shop in the very centre of the old part. They make their own ice creams and, though the... more travel advice
In summer this long pier at the left far side of the harbour turns into a giant open air nightlife area. There are many... more travel advice
- See All A peculiar entrance
- See All 1812 Constitution
- See All Carnival
- See All My old school
Written Jan 8, 2002
Watercolors - Conil, January 2002
Written Jan 15, 2002
SirRichard's Related Pages
Cadiz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I was born in Cadiz"
- "University years in Cadiz"
- "Europes Oldest City"
- "A short visit to Cadiz"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cadiz
- Hotels in Cadiz
- Transportation in Cadiz
- Nightlife in Cadiz
- Restaurants in Cadiz
- Shopping in Cadiz
- Warnings and Dangers in Cadiz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cadiz
- 82 Reviews
- 98 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 148 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Cadiz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cadiz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues