"A nice little town in the heart of Castilla" Covarrubias by SirRichard
Covarrubias Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 48 photos
Covarrubias is a nice quiet town with old houses, interesting sights and monuments and excellent gastronomy.
Here you can find typical castillian old houses, like the ones in the photo.
Is located in the province of BURGOS, in the north half of Spain, just 22 kms away from the main highway N-I (Lerma) and 40 kms south of Burgos.
In the travelogue you can take a look at some drawings I made with pencil during a short stay there for 2 days this last december.
- Pros:A relaxed village for a weekend
- Cons:Freezing cold!
Probably the best jewel of the Colegiata Museum is this 3D painted wooden representation of the birth of Jesus and the... more travel advice
This impressive old tower in the Dona Sancha square is nowadays private, but you can visit it in summer under request. more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Covarrubias Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A nice little town in the heart of Castilla"
- "Comarca del Arlaza, Covarrubias"
- "Under construction"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Covarrubias
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Covarrubias?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Covarrubias
Photos in CovarrubiasSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues