"The Inner Spain" Top 5 Page for this destination León by SirRichard

León Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 255 photos

A beautiful Cathedral
Northwest

Leon is a province of the "Castilla-Leon" region, in the northwest part of Spain. Is got a extreme weather, very cold in winter and hot in summer.
You can get here by the A6 highway from Madrid.

A medium provincial town

The capital of the province is a medium sized provincial capital of Castilla, a quiet relaxed city with a lot to see.

• Last visit to León: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2003

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I love the photo of the castle in the mist.

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2009 at 12:47 AM

useful insights for my Camino Frances, B there sept 30 th ;-)))

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2005 at 3:10 PM

Me gusta mucho tus paginas!I'm thinking of revisiting Leon again sometime soon, so your very interesting pages made very useful reading! BTW, your English is faultless, where did you learn???

• basstbn's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2005 at 10:18 AM

A VERY helpful page with lots of good tips. I passed through León a couple of times (several decades ago) without stopping. I now know that was unfortunate.

• Calor's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 5:24 AM

This is a very nice pic and really captures the Spanish archecticture.....beautiful! I feel as if I'm walking in the narrow roads...and I'm there! :)

• Nemoa's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 3:15 PM

Fantastic pages! I have been many times en Leon but I still have learnt about new places in your pages. Loved the watercolors too. I will be coming back for more art and tips!

• Intrepidduck's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2004 at 4:59 PM

Most helpful tips, it will be wonderful to see a Gaudi building en-route to Santiago next winter.

• asturnut's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2004 at 7:44 AM

Your pictures and paintings are beautiful as usual. I wish I had had more time in Leon to explore, it's such a beautiful city! Thanks for a lovely page.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2004 at 1:22 PM

I didn't know about Astorga- that Gaudi building looks great! And the Barrio Humedo picture is awesome and the area sounds great (you know I love tapas!). Also loved the new watercolors, especially the one that you braved the cold weather to do!!

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2004 at 4:49 PM

I'd love to hear the Gregorian Chants like you did!! I'm so happy that you've included a few of your wonderful watercolors on this page!!

SirRichard