Madrid Warnings Or Dangers Tips by SirRichard Top 5 Page for this destination
Madrid Warnings and Dangers: 144 reviews and 66 photos
Gay parade at Puerta de Alcala
Madrid is the capital of Spain, so is not unusual to see demonstrations of any kind along its streets. People from all over Spain come here to complain against the central government. So U might find now and then some streets closed to let this people express theirsleves. The most common pathways are Castellana, Gran Via, Sol, Alcala...
At the pic, the last parade of the "Gay Pride" day, 3th july.
The main entrance
If you want to visit the Prado Museum on sunday morning, you better go early. On syndays theentrance is free so you will find long queues, specially when there is some temporary exhibition.
It opens at 9, queues start at about 8.30...
Crowds in El Rastro
If you go to El Rastro fleamarket on sunday morning, take care. I haven't had any bad experience, but my mother, who lives in Cadiz, has been 5 times here... and the 5 times she got stolen in El Rastro!!
Well, she might be an extreme case, LOL, but be very careful. Avoid to wera purses or bags if possible...
Stucked in the road :-(
On summer weekends mainly, there are huge traffic jams to go out (on friday afternoons) or into Madrid (on sunday evenings).
So if you plan to make some road trip on weekends while U stay here, take this into consideration and choose another day to do it. Jams could hold you about 1 hour extra to go out & in!!
Alternative: take the train!
Gran Via street
In the most touristic places like Gran Via, Puerta del Sol, Metro stations, El Rastro fleamarket... you must be careful with your purse, wallet and so.
They can tell instantly if you are a tourist...
More Reviews (165)
- See All WI-FI in the buses
- See All Lope de Vega Museum
- See All Madrid by Segway
- See All Hostels & Vegans restaurants
- See All "Doña Manolita" for Xmas Lottery
- See All Cafe Reporter
SirRichard's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 170 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 152 Forum posts
- 328 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
- Plaza Mayor- 142 Reviews, 248 Photos
- Retiro Park- 127 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Prado Museum- 167 Reviews, 232 Photos
- Royal Palace- 126 Reviews, 230 Photos
- Bullfighting- 60 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Puerta del Sol- 89 Reviews, 138 Photos
- Almudena Cathedral- 66 Reviews, 127 Photos
- Reina Sofia Museum- 52 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Gran Via- 44 Reviews, 71 Photos
- Atocha- 38 Reviews, 67 Photos
See All Madrid Things to Do