"Madrid is where I live" Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid by SirRichard
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,383 reviews and 10,968 photos
Madrid is the city where I live, but I was born in the very south of Spain. What I like most about living in Madrid is that it is a big city and a village at the same time. You can feel you are at the centre of everything and half an hour later loose yourself in a quiet narrow street. Almost nobody in Madrid feels "absolutely madridian", everyone comes from somewhere else, Madrid is in that sense an "open city". Come and enjoy it!!
In spite of being the capital of Spain, the "touristic" Madrid is a rather small area.
In fact, you can go walking to see the main highlights and, unless you want to do something special, you won't have to use public transport.
Main streets of this "city centre":
- Puerta del Sol square
- Gran Via avenue
- Plaza Mayor square
- Carrera de San Jeronimo
- Plaza de Oriente
- Calle Arenal
All the city buses of the EMT service offer free Wifi on board. more travel advice
This is a different way to know the centre of Madrid, and much more fun than just walking or sightseeing from a... more travel advice
- See All "Doña Manolita" for Xmas Lottery
- See All Cafe Reporter
- See All Cerveceria Cervantes
- See All Parades and demonstrations
- See All TIO PEPE ad at Puerta del Sol
SirRichard's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 170 Reviews
- 204 Photos
- 152 Forum posts
- 328 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues