"Fireworks, oranges & light" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by SirRichard

Valencia Travel Guide: 1,295 reviews and 3,425 photos

I have been several times to Valencia, but this time I went for a Meeting that took place there in the weekend of 7-9 march 2003.
We didn't make an exhaustive touristic tour, Im afraid we concentrated more in gastronomic & nightlife tips, you will find plenty of them in the page ;-)

Aquarium of the Arts & Sciences City

In the old bed of the river Turia, a huge modern cultural complex is being constructed, including theatres, museums, parks...
We visited the aquarium, the biggest in Europe, is like a theme park.
You will find more pics at the travelogue.

L'Albufera

Not far from Valencia, heading south, is the Natural park of "L'Albufera", a sweet water lake communicated with the sea by several channels and feeded by 2 rivers.
It's a wonderful place for a daytrip, you will see landscapes, birds, and typical architecture. For a better view, take one of the many boat trips offered in the village.
The best time to see it is undoubtely at sunset...

• Last visit to Valencia: Mar 2003
  • Intro Written Mar 10, 2003

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2011 at 6:24 AM

At last I am in Valencia!!!! Ciao!

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2011 at 8:59 AM

We are planning our trip to Valencia, so we appreciate your tips! Thanks!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Interesting page Joaquin. Foodie tips are great! :o) We are looking forward to visiting after the big Paris meet next year. Cheers, Ann.

• Dec 9, 2009 at 8:23 AM

hi. I`m interested in condensed milk which is used to cafe Bombón. please help me find the condensed milk in small sachets. give me contact details of the producer. expect this information by mail (tudorbraia@gmail.com). thanks

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 7:48 PM

Next to the resto tips; i like the general tips too - might be my next destination

• Jan 30, 2008 at 5:37 AM

Well done, hope to get there in 2008.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Great tips on a wonderful city - this is surely on my want to go list - deliscious restaurant tips - me gusta la comida espagnola

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 5:56 AM

Great page - loved your restaurant reviews! I am looking forward to hopefully going there next March!

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2007 at 3:27 PM

Valencia is awash with kiwis this week, did you know :-)))

• Lorro's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 2:06 PM

Thanks for the tips, going to Valencia next weekend! un saludo!

SirRichard

“When in doubt, move!”

Badges & Stats in Valencia

Have you been to Valencia?