"Great Zimbabwe Ruins" Masvingo by SirRichard
Masvingo Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 22 photos
The main reason for coming to Masvingo is visiting the ruins of Great Zimbabwe, the greatest medieval stone town in the african southern hemisphere.
Great Zimbabwe ruins are in the south eastern part of Zimbabwe, near Masvingo.
I arrived there from Bulawayo by bus, in a 1 day trip, which let me aprox. 3 hours to see the ruins...
The magnificient stone walls of this old african city reminded me the ruins of Peruvian Macchu Picchu. The walls were impressive and though there is not many buildings standing, it really deserves a visit.
The tall "Aloe Vera" plants that youcan find all over the place make the landscape very special and original. more travel advice
If you are in a hurry or wanna enjoy the ruins on your own, avoid the reconstructed Karanga Village. You'll see there... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Masvingo Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Masvingo
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Masvingo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Masvingo
Photos in MasvingoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues