"The Stone Town" Zanzibar Town by SirRichard
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide: 245 reviews and 643 photos
The Stone Town is the "unofficial" name of the capital oz Zanzibar.
Of all the islands in the East Coast of Africa, Zanzibar is probably the one with a richest history. The Arab traders first arrived in as early as the 8th century. Since then, Zanzibar has been famous for the slave trading, the many spices and for being the basecamp and origin of many british expeditions in the 19th century.
The House of Wonders, Old Dispensary, Arab Fort, Old Slave Market... and get lost at the many narrow streets to feel the pace of the city!
Take a 5 o'clock tea at the Dhow Palace, nice experience...
http://www.go2africa.com/tanzania/zanzibar-spice-coast/zanzibar-town/ http://www.sunrisesafaris.com/zanzibar.html more travel advice
If you have a chance, take a look at Zanzibar from above. It has many little terraces and zinc roofs, old green patios... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Zanzibar Town Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STONE TOWN"
- "Zanzibar Town"
- "You have to visit Stone Town"
- "Mji Mkongwe"
- "The Stone Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Town
- Hotels in Zanzibar Town
- Transportation in Zanzibar Town
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Town
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Town
- Shopping in Zanzibar Town
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Town
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Town
- 13 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Zanzibar Town?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Town
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues