Marrakesh Things to Do Tips by SirRichard
Marrakesh Things to Do: 714 reviews and 1,645 photos
I wrote a travel...
<BR><font color=red size=+1>TRAVEL DIARY</font><BR>
I wrote a travel diary in this trip too, with <font color=red>watercolor drawings</font> on it. If you wanna have a look at it, go to my <a href=http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/.142359/article/650/17/?s=S target=_blank>Travelogue</a>.<BR>
It's only in spanish so far but I'll translate it soon ;-))
At the... Mederssa Ben Youssef Review
<BR><font color=red size=+1>MEDERSSA BEN YOUSSOUF</font><BR>
At the end of the main street of the souks, just after you pass all the shops (Baroudienne Street). This former islamic school is now open to the public. Here you can not only admire the wonderful architecture and wooden ceilings, but see the way the pupils lived in those tiny little cells.<BR>
Entrance 20 Dh.<BR>
At the nearby <b>Marrakesh Museum</b> you can see some modern moroccan art, have a tea in the terrace and rest, or buy some books at the book shop.
This huge popular... Souks Review
<BR><font color=red size=+1>THE SOUKS</font><BR>
This huge popular shopping center is a real must, even if you don't intend to buy anything (though if you enter, you'll end up buying!). You can start heading north from Djema el Fnaa, through the Souk Semmarine Street. There are plans of the souks, but <font color=red>you'll get lost anyway</font>, so just wander around, and when you feel hungry, ask someone for the Djema el Fnaa Square or just take a taxi!!
Street Riad... El Bahia Palace Review
<BR><font color=red size=+1>'LA BAHIA' PALACE</font><BR>
Street Riad Zitoun el Kedim. There are no big signals outside, just follow the tourists, you can enter through a big wooden door left from the Bahia Restaurant.It closes early at noon (11:45) and opens again at 14:30.<BR>
One of the nicest palaces, this small building hides wonderful wooden patios and rooms, though the gardens are not impressive.
some locals at the pool
<BR><font color=red size=+1>LA MENARA</font><BR>
This huge bassin is a bit out of town, some 4 kms west of Djema el Fnaa through the gate next to Mamounia Hotel. A nice walk if it's not too hot. Bus 11 takes you there from the Koutubia too.<BR>
Free entrance, a pleasant place to have <font color=red>a walk in the evenings to see the sunset</font>. You can feed the fishes that live there, bring some bread.
You can enter... El Badi Palace Review
<BR><font color=red size=+1>PALACE EL BADI</font><BR>
You can enter this old palace from the Ferblantiers Square. Entrance 10 Dh. This old palace is <font color=red>only ruins of brick walls</font>, so unless you have plenty of time, is much better to see the nearby 'La Bahia' palace. The only interesting thing there is the mosque tower, but you'll have to pay extra to visit it.
<BR><font color=red size=+1>VALLE DU DRAA</font><BR>
From Ouarzazate to Zagora goes this nice valley full of Palm trees. The road is <font color=red>fully paved</font>, though a bit narrow.<BR>
The first hour from Ouarzazate (till Agdz) is a bit monotonous, dry landscape, and almost no traffic. After Agdz you enter the palm woods, and there are more little towns on the way.
More Reviews (31)
- See All La Mamounia
- TOMBOUCTOU 52 JOURS...
Probably the most...
RENT A 4X4
If you are planning...
SirRichard's Related Pages
Marrakesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Winter and Summer in Marrakesh"
- "Magical Marrakech"
- "Marrakech - Incredible but exhausting!"
- "Red City of Marrakech"
- "A “break” in Marrakesh"
- "Magical Marrakesh"
- "Marrakech - the Pink City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marrakesh
- Hotels in Marrakesh
- Transportation in Marrakesh
- Nightlife in Marrakesh
- Restaurants in Marrakesh
- Shopping in Marrakesh
- Warnings and Dangers in Marrakesh
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dania Hotels
- Rakhine State Hotels
- Richibucto Hotels
- Fukui-ken Hotels
- Cantone Ticino
- Shaver Lake
Badges & Stats in Marrakesh
- 38 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 74 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Marrakesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marrakesh
Photos in MarrakeshSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Marrakesh hotel reviews
- Riad Les Bougainvilliers Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Riad Aguaviva
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Moroccan House Hotel
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Les Cinq Djellabas
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Dar R'Mane
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 21, 2013
- Riad Safar
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 1, 2012
- Dar Ayniwen
- 295 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Ryad Mogador Agdal Hotel
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Riad Eden
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Riad Le Clos des Arts
- 353 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Riad Dar Souihla Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2012
- Riad de l'Orientale
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Riad Omar
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Riad Altair Hotel
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Les Jardins de Mouassine
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 20, 2013
- Djamaa El Fna - Square- 128 Reviews, 258 Photos
- Majorelle Gardens- 45 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Souks- 43 Reviews, 104 Photos
- El Bahia Palace- 41 Reviews, 124 Photos
- Koutoubia Minaret & Koutoubia Gardens- 52 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Medina- 31 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Saadian Tombs- 37 Reviews, 81 Photos
- El Badi Palace- 24 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Mederssa Ben Youssef- 36 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Menara Gardens- 13 Reviews, 22 Photos
See All Marrakesh Things to Do