"The Gate of the Desert" Top 5 Page for this destination Zagora by SirRichard
Zagora Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 296 photos
Zagora is known as the gate of the desert, as it is the last village before the Sahara Desert as you enter from Marrakesh.
It is really where the road ends, after that only 4x4 can go further into the endless sands. From here to Tombouctou is a 52 days journey by camel, as a famous road sign reminds us...
From Marrakesh there are many buses going to Ouarzazate and from there to Zagora. You can also fly to Ouarzazate and then take a bus or hire a car to Zagora,
One of my dearest memories of Zagora was climbing the dunes with bare feet... and going down fast as hell after that!!!... more travel advice
From Ouarzazate to Zagora goes this nice valley full of Palm trees. The road is fully paved, though a bit narrow. The... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Zagora Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Getting The Hump in Zagora!"
- "Les folies berberes"
- "Zagora and the Draa Valley"
- "The Gate of the Desert"
- "Not quite the end of the road"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zagora
- Hotels in Zagora
- Transportation in Zagora
- Nightlife in Zagora
- Restaurants in Zagora
- Shopping in Zagora
- Warnings and Dangers in Zagora
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zagora
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Zagora?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zagora
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues