"A nice town in the middle of France" Clermont-Ferrand by SirRichard
Clermont-Ferrand Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 87 photos
As some of you might know I use to make TRAVEL DIARIES of my trips, so I keep a nice memory of them while I enjoy painting watercolors on the road and kill the dead hours in hotels, bus stations... Surfing the internet I found out about a French Travel Diaries Biennal that took place every year in Clermont-Ferrand (France). In France Travel Diaries (Carnets de Voyage) are big business, there are professionals in this, many publishing houses and it is taken more seriously than in the rest of the world (in Spain ie. is practically inexistant). So... I wrote them a mail and there I was!
A total amateur in the middle of a big exhibition with more than 100 exhibitors, most of them with published books (several) about their "severalmonths" travels around all the world. I was lucky indeed to have that chance, as the Association invited me (with my little Peru Diary), payed me the hotel, meals and even transpotation and gave me the opportunity to take a look of this fantastic world that I (isolated in Spain) hardly knew...
Clermont happened to be a rather interesting middle-sized provincial town in the very middle of France. Terribly cold in winter (and it was november), with a charming city center of narrow old streets and a wonderful gothic cathedral. I only stayed there 2 days, but took a free afternoon in my "official" activities to take a good look around.
What I like most (more than the Cathedral perhaps) were those tiny little streets with the Boulangerie and the little cafés and the private houses with all those flowers and plants. Besides, it was really cold, not many people dared to walk around, so it was nice and silent. After a while walking I sat at a local cafe terrace (inside, of course) to enjoy a wonderful "Cafe-au-lait" with a croissant!
The Maison of Culture is a municipal cultural centre is an exhibition centre were most of the important cultural events... more travel advice
The magnificient gothic cathedral seems to be the most outstanding landmark here in Clermont. It is in the very centre... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Clermont-Ferrand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Clermont ranks among the oldest cities of France."
- "Clermont-Ferrand Provence Auvergne."
- "A nice town in the middle of France"
- "A Visit to Clermont Ferrand"
- "Vive la France"
- "Clermont-Ferrand, FR"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clermont-Ferrand
- Hotels in Clermont-Ferrand
- Transportation in Clermont-Ferrand
- Nightlife in Clermont-Ferrand
- Restaurants in Clermont-Ferrand
- Shopping in Clermont-Ferrand
- Warnings and Dangers in Clermont-Ferrand
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Clermont-Ferrand
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Clermont-Ferrand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clermont-Ferrand
- Posted in Travel Jerez de la Frontera Forum "Re: Walking around Jerez"
- Wrote a Review Maison de la Culture in Clermont-Ferrand Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Maison de la Culture"
- created a Clermont-Ferrand Travel Page "A nice town in the middle of France"
- Commented on one of Moustique's Clermont-Ferrand travel pages
Photos in Clermont-FerrandSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues
Latest Clermont-Ferrand hotel reviews
- Cristal Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 6, 2013
- Hotel de la Gare
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Kyriad Clermont-Ferrand Centre
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 20, 2013
- Citotel MG
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2011
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Clermont-Ferrand
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 22, 2013