"My beloved Greece..." Top 5 Page for this destination Greece by SirRichard

Greece Travel Guide: 27,226 reviews and 79,667 photos

The land of Blue

Greece is like a second home to me. I always carry it on my mind, and whenever I feel blue I go to Greece (on my mind I mean, I'm not that rich!!)
I've been several times to Greece and I keep coming, dicovering new tiny places, living the travels of Oddyseus, praying at the shrines of Zeus, sleeping at my dear greek buses, drinking Nescafe Frappe in the mornings, Ouzo in the evenings... burning every second!

Greece 2002

I've just returned from a 2 weeks travel through Greece this august 2004. One of the best travels of my life, indeed.
I've made a new and better diary this time, with watercolors, stamps, labels, objects, leaf... and besides, IN ENGLISH!
Take a look at my travelogue.

My last visits

In august 202 I've been 2 weeks in Greece. This has been my most fantastic trip ever, so I made a few new pages.

In my Greece travelogue you can find my Travel Diary. It's unfinished yet, so I'll keep uploading pages as time goes by...

This are some of my new pages:
- Ithaka
- Delphi
- Patmos
- Amorgos
- Mistras

• Pros:Everything!!!
  • Cons:... maybe the alphabet (I'm lazy, I know)
  • In a nutshell:Greece, craddle of time
  • Last visit to Greece: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated Sep 14, 2004

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Ther eis so much culture in the country, and you describe some great places to see. One day we hope to enjoy it as much as you do with a visit. YOur pictures and comments are well done.

• takpap's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I've been away for a while (3-4 yrs, actually), but your pages remain perfect.

• Irine_29's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Where is the Lefkada page??? where is the Great Vournikas Village page???

• kschatterbox's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Would love to see Greece and the Ruins of Olimpia. Thank you for letting me know when is the best time to visit :)

• Mar 10, 2007 at 6:45 PM

SirRichard, I am from Greece and I think you ve done such a nice job showing your experiences here. I 'd like to thank you for you love for Greece and I wish you havent lived your best time there yet! :) Greetings to Spain - I hope I'll visit some time.

• Oct 11, 2006 at 7:21 AM

Your tips are really good.. I hope you didnt learn about tripping and falling over ropes and having your things fall into the water firsthand.

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2006 at 11:40 PM

Your page is a great work, a wonderful combination of beautiful photos and very interesting information. I was captivated from it. Best regards from Vienna! Gabriela

• travelthrough's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Oh and how I miss the Kaphe Frappe!! You really seem to think about Greece the way I do. I invite you to visit my pages as well, it's the Eastern lonesome islands I have visited.

• janetanne's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 9:30 AM

You can come and swim with me at the lake in Vouliagmeni any day of the year. (see my Attiki pages) I was swimming on the 2nd day of 2006:):)

• blaird's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2005 at 10:18 AM

excellent pages, I am still getting through many on them, but I enjoyed the background you provide.

SirRichard