"Didyma, Milet & Priene" Top 5 Page for this destination Didyma by SirRichard
Didyma Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 91 photos
This page contains info about 3 archeological sites that are all very close, at the south-east extreme of the turkish mediterranean coast, between Selcuk and Bodrum:
- Priene, an ancient city in a beautiful scenery.
- Milet, birthplace of many famous scientists and thinkers
- Didyma, with its magnificient Apollo Temple.
Didyma is famous for having been the main oracle in Asia Minor (only 2nd after Delphi in Greece) and for its huge Apollo Temple.
It's weird to find such a magnificient archeological site inside a town (Yenihisar). In fact, is all surrounded by buildings and you can have lunch at a terrace with this marvellous background.
Priene's ruins are located at the slope of a mountain, close to the Samsun Dagi Park. Its straight streets and magnificient scenery make this spot a place to enjoy.
Milet's main highlights are the Theatre and the Ionic Stoa, the only remains of a huge atrium with a few columns still standing.
You can start the visit by the theatre, then go to the western agora, the Ionic Stoa and continue by the eastern agora. more travel advice
This is the first monument you see when arriving, as it is very close to the main road. When Milet was a port it was by... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Didyma Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Didyma, Milet & Priene"
- "temple of didyma,12km from ancient city of milet"
- "DIDYMA – THE FUTURE IS REVEALED"
- "Didyma - Didim"
- "Oracle of Didyma"
- "Temple of Apollo at Didyma"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Didyma
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Didyma?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Didyma
Photos in DidymaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues