"Lima" Top 5 Page for this destination Lima by SirRichard
Lima Travel Guide: 1,191 reviews and 2,768 photos
You will probably enter or leave Peru by its capital, Lima. Most people just use it as a gate to the other many attractions that Peru has to offer.
But Lima deserves at least 1-2 days, to:
- Visit the city centre, with many interesting historic buildings, monasteries, old streets with wooden balconies...
- See a few good museum, like Larco, Gold Museum, San Francisco Monastery...
- Spend an afternoon in the relaxed ambient of coastal neighborhood Miraflores, or in the more bohemian Barranco.
Lima has a lot of interesting historic places, from the times of the conquerors. The place was not important enough in Inca times, but the Spaniards used it as main harbour and stablished the capital here.
So there are many nice convents, mansions, buildings... from that time. And a few Inca ruins around too!
Being able to speak their own language helped me a lot in understandinf local people, casually listening street conversations, feeling free to ask anyone in the streets... people is frendly and nice in Lima.
Lima is not an idillic place for Pacific Ocean beaches. Anyway, if you are in need, the best beaches in town are those... more travel advice
There is no municipal public transport from the airport (only the Urbanito private bus service, see tip above). So if... more travel advice
- See All Hotel España
- See All El Cordano
- See All Rimac River
- See All San Francisco
SirRichard's Related Pages
Lima Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El_Sueco's new Lima Page*)"
- "Lima from Callao"
- "It Never Rains in Lima, but Maybe it Should"
- "LIMA... HELL OF THE GODS!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lima
- Hotels in Lima
- Transportation in Lima
- Nightlife in Lima
- Restaurants in Lima
- Shopping in Lima
- Warnings and Dangers in Lima
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lima
- 39 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Lima?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lima
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues