"Inca Trail" Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu by SirRichard
Machu Picchu Travel Guide: 687 reviews and 1,949 photos
The Inca Trail is probably one of the best ways to visit the Machu Picchu, though is a hard trekking at a high level above the sea. You follow the trail (most of the time) that ancient Incas followed to reach the sacred place of Machu Picchu. Sleeping in tents, hiking 5-6 hours daily, you reach the Sanctuary in the morning of the fourth day.
Many agencies in Cuzco organize groups for about 300 USD, including tents, guide and food for 4d/3n.
In this page I will upload my pics and experiences about the Inca Trail, a 4d/3n trekking from Ollantaytambo to Machu Picchu, 43 kms along the Andes mountains.
If you want to see tips on Machu Picchu ruins you can visit my Machu Picchu page
In the Inca Trail you start walking very high (8528ft-2600m) and climb even higher (13776ft-4200m), so you will often see the clouds behind and have the feeling of being walking on the clouds (specially when is foggy). The landscapes are superb, not only natural but also the inca ruins.
If you do a regular Inca Trail you don't sleep in Aguas Calientes, as you take the train back to Cusco in the afternoon... more travel advice
When you do the Inca Trail via an agency you are included in a group. Most agencies have small groups, as promised. But... more travel advice
- The highest peak
- See All Breakfast and coffee break
- See All Walking sticks
SirRichard's Related Pages
Machu Picchu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Inca Trail"
- "Machu Picchu"
- "Magical Machu Picchu in Rainy Season"
- "Lost City of the Incas"
- "This is what we call sharing on the Inca Trail"
- "EL CAMINO DEL INCA - DAY 1"
- "Machu Picchu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Machu Picchu
- Hotels in Machu Picchu
- Transportation in Machu Picchu
- Nightlife in Machu Picchu
- Restaurants in Machu Picchu
- Shopping in Machu Picchu
- Warnings and Dangers in Machu Picchu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Machu Picchu
- 34 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Machu Picchu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Machu Picchu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues