"Market & ruins" Top 5 Page for this destination Pisac by SirRichard
Pisac Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 215 photos
Pisac is a little village not far from Cuzco, that celebrates an attractive market on sunday mornings. Is a bit too touristy those mornings, as most of the tourists staying in Cuzco come here as a group activity, but if you come early in the morning, before most buses arrive, you will still enjoy the local flavour.
Local people from all the area come to this sunday market in Pisac, not only vendors and sellers but also folkloric groups that come here to play music and dance, so is a very colourful and interesting place.
But Pisac is also famous for some fabulous Inca ruins located on a hill on top of the village. Not as impressive as Machu Picchu but they can be a good intro if you are visiting those afterwards.
You will find many street vendors selling bolied corn. It is delicious and sooo big! And so cheap, just 40 cents for... more travel advice
You will find many kids around asking you for "shoe-shine, 1 sol". They don't really bother and are nice and friendly,... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Pisac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Market & ruins"
- "Pisac's Sunday market"
- "looking for lost time!"
- "Pisac, the begining of the Sacred Valley"
- "Colors in Pisac"
- "The True Andean Experience"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pisac
- Hotels in Pisac
- Transportation in Pisac
- Restaurants in Pisac
- Shopping in Pisac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pisac
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Pisac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pisac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues