"The highest lake and some islands" Top 5 Page for this destination Lago Titicaca by SirRichard
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 370 photos
Titicaca is considered the highest lake in the world that can be sailed. It has witnessed many civilizations, from the aymaras to the Incas. It is located in between Peru and Bolivia and has some interesting islands to visit.
The most touristic places around the lake are:
PERUVIAN SIDE: Puno, Uros island and Amantani and Taquile islands.
BOLIVIAN SIDE: Copacabana and Sun island.
To visit the Peruvian side you may go to PUNO and from there take boats or daytrips to Uros and Taquile. You can sleep in Taquile island, with locals, at their homes.
To visit the Bolivian side, go to COPACABANA and there you can take a ferry to "Isla del Sol". There are hostels there to spend the night and restaurants.
As these are flotaing islands, there is no solid ground here. It is a weird feeling the first time you go out of the... more travel advice
Being islands and so small, one of the few ways of getting energy here are solar panels, small panels that you can see... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Lago Titicaca Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The highest lake and some islands"
- "Totora (3827m)"
- "Exploring Titicaca Lake"
- "Experience Lago Titicaca"
- "A photographer's paradise!"
- "Lake Titicaca"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago Titicaca
- Hotels in Lago Titicaca
- Transportation in Lago Titicaca
- Nightlife in Lago Titicaca
- Restaurants in Lago Titicaca
- Shopping in Lago Titicaca
- Warnings and Dangers in Lago Titicaca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lago Titicaca
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Lago Titicaca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago Titicaca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues