"A break in the middle of Titicaca" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla del Sol by SirRichard
Isla del Sol Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 181 photos
If there is one thing I remember about this place is its calm and tranquility. It seemed a bubble in space and time among the rush and the buses and the roads of the rest of Bolivia, a place to sit and contemplate the inmense horizons of the endless Titicaca lake...
But there is also a little to see in the island. Being only 10 kms long, many people stay here several days and do trekking along the hills visiting the many (minor) inca ruins around, specially in the north.
A trip to nearby smaller "Isla de la Luna" is another option...
This tiny island is located in the south of Titicaca lake, in Bolivian side. You can get here by daily ferries from COPACABANA, a little harbour in the Bolivian shore.
In the Copacabana- Sun Island boat you can stay inside or go up to the deck. If you do so, be careful with the sun... more travel advice
When I was there I saw many hippies around, it was like going back to the 60s, long hairs, sandals, Indian stuff... In... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Isla del Sol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magnificent and Magical Isla del Sol"
- "A break in the middle of Titicaca"
- "Where the sun was born"
- "The Island of Sun - on the highest sailable lake!"
- "Que bonito lago..."
- "2 dias sobre la Isla del Sol"
- "Isla del Sol"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla del Sol
- Hotels in Isla del Sol
- Transportation in Isla del Sol
- Nightlife in Isla del Sol
- Restaurants in Isla del Sol
- Shopping in Isla del Sol
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla del Sol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla del Sol
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Isla del Sol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla del Sol
Photos in Isla del SolSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues