"The city behind Angkor" Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Siem Reab by SirRichard
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide: 484 reviews and 1,062 photos
99% of the tourists coming to Siem Reap arrive here looking for the Angkor Wat temples. I learnt about Siem Reap after reading a guide on Angkor. So this little cambodian town is growing under the long shade of Angkor.
Yet, the town itself is a nice place to spend the few days you will occupy visiting temples. It's got a pleasant riverside, some nice terraces and restaurants, all kind of accomodations (and more under construction) and a fantastic central market with interesting shops.
But nevertheless ANGKOR temples is still the main attraction here... and in the whole country, in fact!!
There is so much to see here, so many temples and archeological sites that you won't get bored in at least 3 days.
The problem I had is that after visiting 8-9 temples all the rest seemed so similar that I started confusing them... so my advice is to concentrate in the main 5-6 and visit them several times: they change depending of what light they get (morning, sunset...) and you will discover new details...
The town's atmosphere is really relaxed and laid down, despite the many tourists around. It gets a little more alive in the evenings, when all the tourists return from the temples and get ready for dinner and drinks.
But during the day is soooo peaceful!!
There are no public buses to PP, but some guesthouses operate their own buses, for about 9USD. The bus of the photo... more travel advice
If you have a few days left here after visiting temples, you can take a day off to the Lake (one of the biggest in Asia)... more travel advice
- See All The Bayon scenes
- Carvings souvenirs
- See All Grand Hotel d'Angkor
- See All Psar Chas (Covered central market)
SirRichard's Related Pages
Phumi Siem Reab Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Angkor Wat"
- "The city behind Angkor"
- "Siem Reap - Nearest Town to Angkor"
- "IMPREXXION: SIEM REAP-ANGKOR"
- "Good morning, Siem Reap"
- "Gateway to Angkor"
- "SIEM REAP – Siam Defeated…"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phumi Siem Reab
- Hotels in Phumi Siem Reab
- Transportation in Phumi Siem Reab
- Nightlife in Phumi Siem Reab
- Restaurants in Phumi Siem Reab
- Shopping in Phumi Siem Reab
- Warnings and Dangers in Phumi Siem Reab
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phumi Siem Reab
- 26 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (94)
Have you been to Phumi Siem Reab?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phumi Siem Reab
- Posted in Travel Jerez de la Frontera Forum "Re: Walking around Jerez"
- Commented on one of CyrilHH's Phumi Siem Reab travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Daytrips to Tonle Sap lake"
- Wrote a Review Buses to Phnom Penh in Phumi Siem Reab Transportation
- created a Phumi Siem Reab Travel Page "The city behind Angkor"
Photos in Phumi Siem ReabSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues