"Ajanta & Ellora caves" Top 5 Page for this destination Aurangabad by SirRichard
Aurangabad Travel Guide: 171 reviews and 661 photos
Aurangabad has a few interesting highlights, but is mostly known for being a basecamp for the visits to the famous buddhist/hinduist/jainist caves with carvings and statues located near Ajanta and Ellora, 2 tiny villages not far from Aurangabad.
The city is located some 250 kms east of Mumbai. I took a night train to arrive here, and from here I took a guided moto-rickshaw to make a day trip to Ellora (1 day) and another to Ajanta (another day) to see the caves.
My guide was called Yunuskhan (Yunu for friends). I met him by chance (as most of the fundamental things in life). Coming down from the train, having slept very very little, my first contact with Aurangabad was a tall thin guy with a moustache holding my arm and telling me hello, sir, guide sir, cheap, don’t worry, be happy.
As I saw a whole bunch of same looking guys after him with the same intentions, I thought: what the Hell, if I will have to get one sooner or later, let it be sooner, and so I’ll get rid of the rest. And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship… (continued in the travelogue).
This little motor-rickshaws were handful and cheap to move around. And not only around the city, but also outside it. In... more travel advice
I was lucky enough to see the caves during the wet season, so the landscape was green and abundant. But I saw pics of... more travel advice
SirRichard's Related Pages
Aurangabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fantastic Sights in Aurangabad"
- "Ajanta & Ellora caves"
- "Travel Hub to Amazing Cave Temples"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aurangabad
- Hotels in Aurangabad
- Transportation in Aurangabad
- Restaurants in Aurangabad
- Shopping in Aurangabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Aurangabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aurangabad
- 15 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Aurangabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aurangabad
Photos in AurangabadSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 170 reviews, 201 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 118 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Spain Intro, 84 reviews, 144 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 82 reviews, 98 photos, 2 travelogues
- India Intro, 55 reviews, 103 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 74 reviews, 77 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Greece Intro, 61 reviews, 89 photos, 4 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 72 reviews, 76 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 66 reviews, 73 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 52 reviews, 78 photos, 3 travelogues