"Back on the road" SirRichard's Profile

2012 ahead

I have been absent from VT for a loooong while, but this year I am determined to keep track on my VT profile and be around here more often.
My last big trip was to South China (from Guilin to Tibet), backpacking from town to town and enjoying the gorgeous mountain landscapes of that part of China.

My travel diaries

I work in Madrid as a freelance illustrator but my passion is making travel diaries with watercolors along my trips. I always travel with a notebook and a travel set of watercolors by Windsor & Newton and record the places I pass through by these means.
You can have a look at some opf the diaries at my web page.

My books

This year has also been special to me as I have finally published some of my Travel Journals with watercolors. 5 books have been published in Spain this year by Lonely Planet editions:
- Greece

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:22 AM

Happy Birthday!

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2014 at 12:10 AM

Joaquin, happy birthday !

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Happy Birthday. PJ

• rosata's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2014 at 8:43 AM

Your watercolours are spectacular and many congratulations to you for the published journals, Joaquin! Bravo, Lia :)

• HackneyBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Hi Joaquin. I've just come across your pages by accident and would like to congratulate you on publishing your watercolours. They are truly beautiful! Best wishes from the UK! ;-)

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Congratulations on publishing your watercolours for LP! am admiring your photo of LIjiang bringing back memories of my visit there in 1997...would love to go back. Am presently living in Xi'an for a while and might go down to Yunnan in a couple of weeks time but to the rice terraces in the other direction from Kunming. All the best for the new year Joaquin!

• cal6060's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Beautiful color painting!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!