"Norwegian Coastal Voyage Part 1" Geiranger by geekgrrl
Geiranger Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 474 photos
We took the Norwegian Coastal Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes on the Finmarken. I have divided this voyage into sections. The first section is introductory and from Bergen to Geiranger. This was an incredible trip, and I needed many pages to do it justice. (Pt 2-Molde, Pt3-Trondheim, Pt4-Finnsnes, Pt5-Tromso, Pt6-Honningsvag).
We boarded the ship and made it to our cabin at 6. We have room 664. The ship is only a year old. The cabin is small - two lower berths, but it is excellently arranged, so we have room for everything. At least it is cool and quiet so we can sleep. We are one cabin away from the stern of the ship. That is cool because the stern is an excellent place to take it all in. Not many people come to this stern deck (6th) because it has no easy access except from the stern decks above and below. It also has a solid panel all around, so people can't sit and watch the scenery pass by as easily. So this became our place. It was like having our own private balcony.
Tonight's dinner on board was a buffet. I had strogonoff, boiled potatoes, and a salad. Breakfast and lunch will be buffet style. Dinner after tonight will be served. After dinner we wandered around the ship orienting ourselves. The ship is not very large – room for 643 cabin passengers. The passengers that get on and off all the way up the coast sleep outside or in designated lounge areas. They also have room for 50 cars. Many cars got on and off at the 32 stops up the coast.
- Pros:This cruise was probably the best trip I have ever taken
- Cons:We didn't book a round trip
- In a nutshell:Absolutely look into taking this trip
geekgrrl's Related Pages
Geiranger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The amazing colour of the Geiranger fjord"
- "Geiranger Fjord and the Roof of Norway"
- "Geiranger the irresistible"
- "STEEP MOUNTAINS - MAJESTIC SCENERY"
- "Geiranger - Pearl of the fjords"
- "The most beautiful fjord of Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Geiranger
- Hotels in Geiranger
- Transportation in Geiranger
- Shopping in Geiranger
- Warnings and Dangers in Geiranger
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Geiranger
- 0 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Geiranger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geiranger
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 33 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ireland Intro, 32 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 7 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guilin Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 24 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Xi'an Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trondheim Intro, 1 review, 44 photos, 5 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Geiranger Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
Latest Geiranger hotel reviews
- Villa Utsikten
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2012
- Grande Fjord
- 55 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 4, 2012
- Geirangerfjorden Feriesenter
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2007
- Hotel Geiranger
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 5, 2013
- Union Hotel Geiranger
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2013