"High Sierra Backpack Adventure" Shaver Lake by Yubert
Shaver Lake Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 37 photos
I was here on a backpacking trip, May 24th to May 27th, 2002.
The trip began at Kaiser Pass Road above Huntington Lake, at an elevation of 7840 feet. The trail winds through the forest, crossing over several streams for two (2) miles up to Potter Pass, elevation 8900 feet
We then dropped down the slope toward Round Meadow. Here we encountered fresh snow on this north facing slope. It appears we are the first group this season to trek through this area as we made fresh tracks in the snow.
The trail climbed back up to Lower Twin Lake, then on to Upper Twin Lake, at an elevation of 8600 feet.
Here's another view of upper Twin Lakes. One can fish here and catch rainbow trout. more travel advice
Here's the backside view of our campground. And what a view it is! more travel advice
- See All
- See All Oh, another entrapping view. ...
- See All One of the many scenic Sierra...
- See All
Yubert's Related Pages
Shaver Lake Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Shaver Lake
- Hotels in Shaver Lake
- Nightlife in Shaver Lake
- Restaurants in Shaver Lake
- Warnings and Dangers in Shaver Lake
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shaver Lake
- 36 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Shaver Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shaver Lake
Photos in Shaver LakeSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mojave Intro, 66 reviews, 67 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cypress Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marina del Rey Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shaver Lake Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue