"La Jolla - Jewel of the Sea" La Jolla by Yubert

La Jolla Travel Guide: 290 reviews and 791 photos

Barbara on the cliffs

Here's a picture of the La Jolla coves. There's a gift & shell shop at the top of the coves which has a staircase leading down inside the cove. They used to charge $1 but I heard the price was raised to $2.

This is Barbara from Rome, Italy, sitting at the base of the La Jolla Coves.

I used to live in La Jolla, from April 1985 to January 1987. I lived on Nautilus Street, 1/2 block from WindnSea beach. Life was good back then. My company paid for fully furnished apartment plus I had a per diem and company car. During the summer months (July to October) I'd leave work early and go spear fishing in my backyard, the Pacific Ocean.
<BR>
WindnSea beach is very scenic but mainly is known to just the locals and surfers. It is south of La Jolla Coves. This beach was made famous in Tom Wolfe's novel, The Pumphouse Gang.

"Seal Beach" aka Children's Pool

Okay, when I lived in La Jolla, this was one of the favorite snorkeling spots. It's orginally known as the "Children's Pool" but these pesky seals took over the area and now we can't get rid of them...

Another view of La Jolla Cove

• Last visit to La Jolla: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2004

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2005 at 9:09 AM

Just came by to see your additions. Your VT Meeting looks great, sorry I missed it Yubert!

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 5:04 PM

Hey Yubert! Nice picture & info, I added it to my travel guide :) You must miss living here, eh? Take care!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 2:49 PM

Cool pics from the SD meeting! All Ya'll lookin' sharp these days! 5th VT birthday Chris?! You're here longer than Yubert? I'm only celebrating my 2nd soon! No wonder they call you the KING.....and they call Yubert.......well, many names I suppose. ;-)))

• cjg1's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2004 at 2:41 PM

Thanks again for coming down. was a great weekend. hanging with you guys is always so much fun. Just realized this meeting was my 5th VT birthday.

• oldmonk_92129's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2004 at 8:47 PM

First one to post pics as usual, Yubert. Will try to get mine posted too. Looks like some samba is in your agenda.

• Gypsystravels's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2004 at 7:38 AM

It was such a "treat" to see you again...I'll have to make my way out west a bit more often...

• Jul 25, 2002 at 11:05 PM

Beautiful coast line and beautiful girls.

• Jun 14, 2002 at 1:29 AM

Excellent page & photo`s Yubert!!!!

• frankcanfly's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2002 at 12:05 PM

Very nice!! This is a great town!

• Dec 12, 2001 at 7:19 PM

Was this the last time you had a date?

Yubert

“Surfer`s motto: If it swells, ride it!”

Badges & Stats in La Jolla

Have you been to La Jolla?

Latest Activity in La Jolla