"Yubert's East Los Angeles Page" East Los Angeles by Yubert
East Los Angeles Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 20 photos
East Los Angeles is an area that has been characterized as a predominately Mexican-American area, filled with gangs, graffiti, crime and other urban ills.
However, I often come to this area looking for a bit of adventure and the food. Yep, that's right. Some of the best Mexican food can be found in this area. It's even better than anything I've had in Tijuana!
The picture above if of Whittier Boulevard, one of the main throughfares and commerce centers for East Los Angeles.
Years ago this street was popular for cruising in a low-rider car at night. I haven't been here at night in years so I don't know if the tradition is still carried on.
If you come here for the tortilla skins or chips, make sure you bring plenty of room. 525 N. Ford Blvd (323) 261-1211 more travel advice
They specialize in Mexican cuts of beef grilled over an almond wood fire. Try the gallitos steak or other choices such... more travel advice
- Get fried pork skins direct...
- See All This is a historic landmark...
- See All
Yubert's Related Pages
East Los Angeles Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yubert's East Los Angeles Page"
- "East Los Angeles"
- "ketzalito's new Los Angeles Page"
- "the roads less traveled"
- See All...
- Nightlife in East Los Angeles
- Restaurants in East Los Angeles
- Warnings and Dangers in East Los Angeles
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Los Angeles
- 16 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to East Los Angeles?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Los Angeles
Photos in East Los AngelesSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mojave Intro, 66 reviews, 67 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 24 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cypress Intro, 41 reviews, 43 photos
- Beijing Intro, 25 reviews, 54 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marina del Rey Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shaver Lake Intro, 36 reviews, 37 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 32 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue