"A great surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Dali by xaver

Dali Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 729 photos

When I was planning my trip to Yunnan, I realised that the time was not enough for both Dali and Zhongdjan and so I seriously thought to skip Dali.

Fortunatly my friend Titti told me absolutely not to miss that town as it was definitly worth.

And anyway, thanks to Titti and Dali, I got to go also to Zhongdian!

• In a nutshell:not to be missed
  • Last visit to Dali: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 12, 2007

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Lovely Dali travel page with interesting restaurants tips. Three Pagodas and the Old Town are certainly among the popular tourist attractions there. Yak deep fried meat must be one of the popular dishes for the tourists. ~ho & pang.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM

Jim's Tibetan Hotel sounds like a great place to stay (and eat yak meat), and I'm glad to learn that they get their hot water using solar panels on the roof, even if there isn't as much sunshine as in Italy.

• Museeuw's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 11:34 PM

Aah, I'm jealous of you. Haven't been to Yunnan province yet, and definitely Dali is on my list. Definitely I'll go there in the coming years!

• snuggie's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 6:40 PM

nice pictures u have....Thanks for the info :)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Great page of Dali. Hope to get there soon. Interesting stuff about yak meat and electric mini-trams. Cheers, SL :)

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Non spicy food huh! hmmm

• titti's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2007 at 2:16 PM

ma non ci si racconta altro? Ci sarà pure un intriguing tip... qualcosa da ST, ad esempio... :-))

• maggiolina's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 8:56 AM

E quelli sarebbero vestiti per bimbi??? bimbi di chi di et??Camera con dvd e le solite baracche?

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 19, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Sounds like an excellent accomodation tip!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Wonderful, useful tips about Dali. I can see why you are glad you listened to your friend and went. Excellent hotel.

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Dali