"Shangri La?" Top 5 Page for this destination Zhongdian by xaver
Zhongdian Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 264 photos
Two years ago I read in a newspaper about Yunnan, the writer described it as one of the last original area of China and warned the reader to go as soon as possible because the progress was already close to transform it.
Then I read about the legend of Shangri La and so i decided to visit Yunnan and, in particular Zhonghdian.
Once in Yunnan I realised that my trip was too short to let me arrive in Zhongdian overland and I absolutely did not want to fly there.
Then the Tibetan Jeam found the solution for me and it really was a memorable trip, I underline trip, not that the town wasn't worth, but you enjoy much more the overland journey that really offers breathtaking views.
- Pros:landscapes, people, food
- Cons:Might not last long
- In a nutshell:go as soon as you can
On our way back to Dali, on the road we noticed this small tibetan market. Well actually I am still not sure if it was a... more travel advice
Street scenes while walking around the town on early morning: this has been my favourite thing in Zhongdian. People in... more travel advice
xaver's Related Pages
Zhongdian Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ZhongDian - Blend in with the Nature!"
- "Shangri La?"
- "Yunnan Travel 2004 - ZhongDian"
- "The Holy Birds of Peace in Shangri-La"
- "A Mysterious Paradise"
- "Zhongdian is the last Shangri-la"
- "A type of world I'd never seen before..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zhongdian
- Hotels in Zhongdian
- Transportation in Zhongdian
- Nightlife in Zhongdian
- Restaurants in Zhongdian
- Shopping in Zhongdian
- Warnings and Dangers in Zhongdian
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zhongdian
- 11 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (43)
Have you been to Zhongdian?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zhongdian
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Athens Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Seoul Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Morocco Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos