"Xizhou & Zhoucheng" Xizhou by xaver

Xizhou Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 29 photos

As I could not find Zhoucheng in the list of Yunnan towns in VT and as I do not have many tips to write about it, I will build a page about Zhoucheng together with Xizhou.

Anyway I visited both villages during a day trip from Dali, so this page has a sense.This day trip is supposed to take you to visit markets and local craft shops, but again, as in Zhongdian I hired a private driver, so I got to enjoy a bit of local life.The pic shows a friend of my guide we went to visit during our trip.

• In a nutshell:nice people
  • Last visit to Xizhou: Oct 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 15, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 5:10 AM

Nice tips. Great that you had a driver who was able to show you how the village people really live. (My son and I had a driver like that in Vietnam once, and he took us to places we never would have seen otherwise.)

• titti's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Davvero non avevi mai visto il mais appeso?? Al paesello era una costante; io son creciuta "sotto" le pannocchie!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Enjoyed reading your page very much. Really interesting local customs and way of life. Thanks for sharing. Yunnan is one of my must-go destinations :)

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2007 at 7:27 AM

ohh, what nice experience xaver. welldone trip!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2007 at 7:16 AM

Oh no souvenir shops. Great tips. Yes I am still in KL and the pizza in Den Bosch was delicious go ask Carly.(the owner is her friend).

• maggiolina's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Hai davvero mangiato quello zozzo??????

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Xizhou