"a nice surprise" Kusatsu by xaver
Kusatsu Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 67 photos
When my friend proposed to me to visit Kusatsu and explained that it was one of the best places to enjoy hot spring I did not even have an idea about what hot spring was, go figure if I could know a popular Japanese hot spring resort.
As soon as I entered this town, I felt in love with it as it is very particular with all the water vapour all around the centre of the town and the smell of sulphur.
This is also the only town where I had the chance to stay in a very typical Japanese inn, eating and drinking and sleeping on Tatami.
- Pros:It's really hard to find foreigners
- Cons:it's really hard to find someone speaking english
Yugama is a lake located on Shirano Mountain crater. Shirano mountain is an active volcano 2160 meters high and on the... more travel advice
Yubatake which means hot water field is the symbol of Kusatsu. It is a facility where hot spring water (approx. 55C)... more travel advice
xaver's Related Pages
Kusatsu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a nice surprise"
- "bathingstonefree kusatsu"
- "A hidden jewel of an Onsen"
- "VT strikes again!"
- "Spa in Kusatsu"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kusatsu
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Kusatsu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kusatsu
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Athens Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Morocco Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue