Belgrade Restaurant Tips by xaver

Belgrade Restaurants: 236 reviews and 279 photos

Burek - Belgrade
street stalls: Burek

One of the specialites I loved more in Belgrade was Burek. A roll of puff pastry with inside mushrooms, or meat or cheese, this has often been my breakfast and my afternoon break. It's easy to be found all over the centre in some small stalls.

Favorite Dish: Burek

Comparison: less expensive than average

Price: less than US$10

• Written Oct 8, 2010
cakes selection - Belgrade

cakes selection

Picky yap: One of the best espresso I ever had

This place was very close to hotel Majestic, so as I used to get up too late for the hotel brakfast, I started to enjoy their coffe.
Actually this is really one of the best espresso coffe I ever had, it's really short which not means a small cup full of coffe but some coffe in a small cup and creamy.
Their selection of sweets and pies is also great, definitly a place to reccomend.

Favorite Dish: Espresso.

Address: Obilicev venac 29

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: in the pedestrian street

Phone: +381112635873

Price: less than US$10

• Written Oct 7, 2010
restaurant - Belgrade

restaurant

Orient Express: One of those restaurants I will remember about

Actually my first evening in Belgrade I tried to enter a few restaurants and and what surprised me was the fact that noone totally cared about me, not a good evening, not even a "what the hell do you want?", nothing. So I decided to stop in the first place where someone at least greated me. It has been the first time that I chosed a restaurant with this criteria, but I must admitt it worked really good. Orient express is a restaurant in the heart of Belgrade and their choice of food is really huge. I really had some of the greates dishes ever, and the staff was actually nice and helpfull in chosing food which may help.
Ofcourse I think this is probably more expensive than everage but anyway I never paid more than 16 euros.

Favorite Dish: Best dishes were: balcan steak which was composed by two slices of meat and inside them there were ham and cheese all covered with a mushrooms cream.
Orient express style which consisted in some small pieces of mozzarella cheese cooked inside a hamn slim served over really fresh grilled vegetables.

Address: Terazije 18

Comparison: more expensive than average

Other Contact: orient.express@balkanhotel.net

Phone: +381112687945

Price: US$11-20

• Updated Oct 7, 2010

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Belgrade

Have you been to Belgrade?

Latest Activity in Belgrade