"An elegant easy going city" Belgrade by xaver

Belgrade Travel Guide: 2,313 reviews and 4,761 photos

Belgrade

My first approach to Belgrade was a tusday afternoon when I arrived from airport to the hotel in the centre and found out there were hundreds guys and girls drinking beer in the open air bars. I thought hey what a nice city full of life, after a few minuts I realised that after a couple of hour there was the champions league match Partisan Vs. Arsenal, so I also understood the massive presence of police.

The day after, I found that hundreds of guys were still enjoying drinks in the open air bars so I understood that the first impression was good, there is definitly a nice atmpsphear.

Then, while exploring the city I also met the important place that this city and its people had in european history.

• Pros:extrmely safe, full of people, cheap
  • In a nutshell:I would be happy to go back
  • Last visit to Belgrade: Oct 2010
  • Intro Updated Oct 7, 2010

• tratoria's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Burek looks delicious, I will try to taste it one of this day. I hope to find in USA to enjoy it.

• Ekaterinburg's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Interesting page, helpful tips !

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2010 at 12:08 AM

very interesting atchitecture in the city

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Very enjoyable reading your Belgrade pages Corra. Good accommodation & transportation tips.

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM

Mmm... burek. I didn't realise the mosque had been burned down. That explains why they didn't look to friendly when I started taking pictures of it.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Nice tips, thanks. I still have to try a mushroom & spinach burek :-(

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

This looks a fascinating city to explore - thank you for sharing your impressions and tips :-) I like the idea of Walking Sunday and the burek sounds delicious!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Serbia and Belgrade are in my wish list for a long time. Thank you Corra for your excellent description of this "easy going" city! Kalemegdan looks very attractive and interesting. May be one day I'll see it with my own eyes.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Nice new page on Belgrade. It's great that they had a car-free Sunday in the city center. I think I would go to the Orient Express restaurant just because of the name.

• titti's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM

... e come ci sarebbe finito Tito in Vaticano??

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Belgrade

Have you been to Belgrade?

Latest Activity in Belgrade