"What a great surprise!!!" Moscow by xaver

Moscow Travel Guide: 4,070 reviews and 9,282 photos

Why?

To tell the truth the only reason why I decided to go to visit Moscow, was a grat deal I found, a very cheap tiket 100 euro from Ancona.
I was not thinking about Moscow as a possible destinations fro various reasons: the cold and, above all the rumors I had heard and read about it.
But when I was going to decide if going to Moscow and St. Petersburg a friend (call_me_rhia) told me: St. Petersburg is just a beautiful european town, Moscow is special and I hate to admitt she was right once again!

The surprise.

Fortunatly anyway i decided to go as Moscow was really a great surprise for me, I found it totally clean contrary to what I had heard, absolutelly well preserved and just coloured and alive.My idea of a grey big and unonimous city desappeared as soon as I arrived in the city centre.

Not enough time

The only thing I regret is that I could spend only and I repeat only 5 days in Moscow as they were absolutely not enough to visit all the sites I wanted to and to enjoy this grea city enough, in the end I will have o go back!

• Pros:Architecture, art, colours
  • Cons:ques burocracy language difficults
  • In a nutshell:Dasvidania
  • Last visit to Moscow: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written May 1, 2006

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I see you have managed to see a lot and had a nice stay there...

• xaver's Profile Photo
      Nov 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

thanks, yes I had a very nice time in Moscow

• tratoria's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Amazing pics, It shows that you really enjoy visiting.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Interesting tips and fine photos! I’m glad Moscow turned out not to be just a grey, big and anonymous city as you had expected.

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Nice page and an especially useful (and unique) accommodation tip. Moscow's on my list - I'm particularly looking forward to the metro.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM

interesting page to read

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I've always been fascinated with Moscow, so thanks for the tour! Too bad the Tolstoj Museum was closed, that would be at the top of my list for sure, but you got to see some truly wonderful cathedrals.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Good tip re the homestay; practical & authentic experience :-)

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2010 at 2:22 PM

Stunning reviews on a great city. I loved the underground stations ;-)

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 7:14 AM

Excellent Moscow page with marvellous photographs. The Red Square and the Kremlin especially the various cathedrals look wonderful to visit and explore. Victory Park at night in your photo certainly looks amazing. ~ho & pang

• titti's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Casina di Irina fuori gioco; figliola di Irina un po' stramba e non troppo solerte a rispondere... si va con Booking. E... leggo solo ora che scarti ST Pietroburgo a favore di Mosca!!!

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Moscow