"A small gem" Top 5 Page for this destination Timisoara by xaver

Timisoara Travel Guide: 143 reviews and 368 photos

I wished to visit this small town for many years, I do not exactly know why, I probably simply liked the sound of the name.

I found this small university city really quiet and easy to enjoy, may be because I was coming from Belgrade but the first thing I noticed was how quiet and somehow silent it was.

Then, hour after hour I also had the chance to enjoy the food that was definitly delicious, both in restaurants and in the stalls along the street or in the squares.

• Pros:quiet easy to visit safe
  • In a nutshell:nice even for a short week end
  • Last visit to Timisoara: Oct 2010
  • Intro Written Oct 8, 2010

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2014 at 1:13 AM

It really is a small gem with lovely cathedrals and beautiful squares. Thanks for your virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Thanks for the interesting tour around Timisoara.

• titti's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Solo a Timisoara?

• liliana91's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2011 at 5:30 AM

glad you a city from Romania!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2011 at 3:45 AM

I see you had a great stay there... Thanks for sharing...

• antistar's Profile Photo
    Nov 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I've always wanted to come here. I guess I'd better visit in May before the mosquitoes get busy :).

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM

This sounds like a nice town except for the mosquitoes. Glad to hear they have an Opera Café. Do they also have an opera?

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Another fine page with excellent photographs and helpful information. Thanks for warning. The fried sandwiches sound great.

• maggiolina's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2010 at 7:02 AM

certo eh come si ppotrebbe non mangiare la trippa in romania? Sarebbe un autentico crimine no?

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Have not heard of Timisoara before and so I enjoyed a nice virtual tour here. Thanks so much for sharing. SL :)

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Timisoara

Have you been to Timisoara?

Latest Activity in Timisoara