"xaver's new Marche Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Marche by xaver

Marche Travel Guide: 583 reviews and 1,671 photos

Marche is an italian central region(the only plural one) not so known and popular like tuscany, sicily and many more.
This region has not important cities like Venice or Florence, it's made mainly by small villages and little towns.
It's on the east coast of Italy southern than Venice.
Seaside is for sure the main tourist attraction, helped by an important religious town: Loreto.

The best coast side is near Conero, a mountain straight on the sea where you can find and sometime hardly reach really amazing beaches with the most trasparent water.

The most worth a visit town are definitly Loreto(for the cathedral and pelegrims pourpouses), Urbino(one of the most ancient university in Italy), Macerata (a great amphiteater to enjoy opera), and some more that I will describe in the page.

• Pros:not yet so touristic, still some local traditions and food
  • Cons:high season and not well developed transportation net.
  • Intro Written Nov 7, 2002

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2014 at 2:11 AM

This part of Italy is still to be visited by me so that I made a virtual tour thanks to your reviews.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Thanks for sharing this lovely area!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Looks a lovely region. Would love to visit the caves!!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2010 at 5:25 AM

Great page Corra.

• hopang's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Great insight into Marche. Recanati, Loreto, Ancona and Conero Natural Park certainly attract us a lot. It's definitely worth taking a trip to visit Frasassi Caves. Thanks for the virtual tour. ~ho & pang

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM

A lovely introduction to Marche for me. The caves are fascinating. Mostly, I enjoy your personal observations. Thank you for a fine tour.

• Pinat's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2009 at 10:06 AM

Hi there! Be'ng an Italy-lover, I've only seen Ancona of Marche (a good reason to come back:) Thanks a lot for the tips that fulfill my curiosity! Greetings from Ankara..

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Yes, I'd love to go to the opera in Macerata sometime. I've read about that festival, but I've never been there. The whole area looks really nice and green.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2007 at 6:46 AM

Do not know much about Marche. Now I do :) Thanks for sharing this enchanting part of Italy. Cheers, SL

• AngeloRecchi's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 6:12 AM

La Donzelletta, which I definitely recommend, does its best with meat. Beef and lamb meat there is very very good.

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Marche