"my real small home town" Porto Recanati by xaver

Porto Recanati Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 52 photos

• Pros:small and still quiet
  • Cons:probably too quiet
  • Intro Updated Mar 9, 2005

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2014 at 11:29 PM

Well, no too close either!

• xaver's Profile Photo
      Nov 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM

yes it's about 1 hour drive from there.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM

I wasn't too far around one year ago when I went to Pesaro/Urbino

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Kiro Kiro looks absolutely delightful and the hotel choices are good joices. The walking routes would be a good thing, after trying all these wonderful restaurants. Lovely page!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2013 at 6:05 AM

Me again, coming back for another look at this page after several years. I hope that German woman was able to cure her stomach pains with that medicine! Your lead photo of Porto Recanati in the snow looks like what I can see out of my window right now here in Frankfurt, even though it is the middle of March. I’ll have to go out and shovel snow again in a few minutes.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Oh I was so close (Abbadia di Fiastra), but didn't make it to the sea until I left (as always from Falconara). Haha, the fake Palio is funny, but well, yes, it is innovative :-) And I am hungry now..... mmmhhh...

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Your home looks absolutely lovely. I is so quiet at our house we hear the coyotes howl at night...or the owls hooting. The snows looks magical there!

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM

being a glutton and travellers, i always stop first at food &/or local customs/out of the way- thnx for insights ;-)))

• alza's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Corra, Loved "If we have no history, we simply invent it!" and imagining the hord of nonne running to market with fish boxes on their heads! Yr pic of town under the snow is very nice though. :) thanks!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Corra, your Intro 'pros' and 'cons' as well as the 'fake palio' tip gave me a good laugh! I really enjoyed your candid thoughts and insider information in this page on life in Porto Recanati! I too perfer an end of May trip.

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Ciao Corra, Your English is perfetto. Your "running with the fish" Festival story could be called "Corsa con le toro merda", in jest of famous Pamplona's "Running with the bulls." Grande storia! Enjoy "spaghetti con le vongole." Happy travels, Larry

xaver Lives Here!

xaver

“Whee. Sal, we gotta go and never stop going till we get there." "Where we going, man?" "I don't know but we gotta go.”

Badges & Stats in Porto Recanati

Have you been to Porto Recanati?

Latest Activity in Porto Recanati