"Friendly weapons" Top 5 Page for this destination Sanaa by xaver
Sanaa Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 907 photos
I came in Sanaa after a few days in Dubai and the first feeling was like a big jump in the past.
You get that feeling already during the landing of the aircraft when you start seing the desert mountain view and the sensation of dust all around.
Then as soon as you get out of the airport(for me it was already an adventure as they needed a hour to scan my passport) you start feeling a bit heavier as it is 2400 meters high and for someone living permanently on the sea level like me, it was already a surprise.
After a few hours we just enjoyed this incredibly city and relaxed in its wonderful atmosphear.
To be honest at the beginning I was not feeling so friendly with the town as it's really full of people with weapons, almost any man carries around his jambia and it's not difficult to see men with guns.
This made me feel weird at the beginning as I do not feel confortable with many weapons around whoever carries them, included militaries or police, but I must admitt after a while I just recognised people here were just extremely friendly, those carrying weapons and those not.
And at last, after a night with stomach troubles, I finally found a place where weapons were not allowed: the hospital!
- Pros:people, costumes, traditions, buildings, simplicity
- Cons:cars, food, weapons
- In a nutshell:It's magic
This is a greek restaurant in Habba's street. We went here a morning just because we've read they served illy coffe and... more travel advice
To be honest I was tempted to write this tip in the sport travel cathegory as, chewing kat seems really the national... more travel advice
- blind camels
- Old Sanaa
- German Yemeni hospital
xaver's Related Pages
Sanaa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AL-SALAAM ALAYKUM !"
- "Friendly weapons"
- "Yemen - unspoilt jewel of Arabia"
- "an ancient beauty"
- "Most Unique City on Earth . . Period"
- "night tales"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sanaa
- Hotels in Sanaa
- Transportation in Sanaa
- Nightlife in Sanaa
- Restaurants in Sanaa
- Shopping in Sanaa
- Warnings and Dangers in Sanaa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sanaa
- 18 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Sanaa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sanaa
Photos in SanaaSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 36 reviews, 85 photos
- Athens Intro, 25 reviews, 61 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 61 photos
- Dubrovnik Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Matera Intro, 19 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Moscow Intro, 28 reviews, 50 photos
- Cairo Intro, 18 reviews, 56 photos
- Morocco Intro, 30 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 21 reviews, 50 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 33 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue