"Hometown: Grass Valley, CA" Grass Valley by Anne_Miranda

Grass Valley Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 66 photos

About Forest Springs Travel Club

My husband and I volunteer our time to plan and escort all the trips for the Forest Springs Travel Club in Grass Valley. We are retired public service employees who enjoy working with people. Our backgrounds include organizing parties for up to 1000 people! We are experienced, well organized travelers who enjoy the details involved in putting together trips. Personal service is our motto and we take special care to see that everyone has a great time.

The Forest Springs Travel Club is a group of senior travelers who take trips where the itineraries are "tweaked" for more interest and are designed to allow us to experience a destination, not just visit it.

At least once a month, the group travels on a one to ten-day domestic trip or on a longer international trip. Formed just three years ago, the group has traveled to Spain, the Copper Canyon in Mexico, Death Valley, Yosemite, Las Vegas, the Orient, and many places in Northern California and Nevada.

A visit to the Pacific Northwest will be taken this July, and a 9-day trip to New York City and a 13-day trip to the Colonial Cities of Mexico is on the agenda for next year. These trips will be limited to 20-25 passengers.

The day trips are extremely popular. From sailing on Lake Tahoe, to the Mustard Lady Art Gallery and wine tasting in Napa Valley, to a "Life is Short, Eat Dessert First" Gourmet Adventure, the trips emphasis the unique features of the places visited.

Club meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month and feature discussion of trips and speakers from the travel industry. A "Travel Tips" flier with ideas for a more enjoyable travel experience is handed out at each meeting.

A new name!

September 23, 2007 -

The name of our travel club has been changed to the 49'er Travel Club. We are located in the area in Northern California that was extensively mined for gold in the 1850's. The highway through this area is Highway 49. The Forest Springs Travel Club's participants were mainly from the Senior Mobilehome Park (Forest Springs MHP) where we live. Over the years the club has expanded to include travelers from the surrounding communities and elsewhere in California. We have had travelers on our trips from as far away as Hawaii and Pennsylvania as air transportation can be arranged from any airport.

We continue to travel at least once a month and since I wrote last have been to Australia, New Zealand, China, Greece, Canada, and on cruises to Alaska, Canada and Mexico. In the US we have been to Yellowstone, San Diego, the Pacific Northwest, a Nevada longhorn cattle ranch, and numberous day trips throughout Northern California. Coming next year is a cruise to the Mexican Riviera, and a return to our Orient trip that I wrote about in 2002. In 2009 we will be going doing a land tour of Mexico.

I have been quite busy the past few years serving on the homeowners association board of directors where I live and have not done much travel writing. My service ends this year and I hope to be back on this site with more of our exciting trips.

• Intro Updated Sep 23, 2007

Comments

Anne_Miranda

“Life is short, TRAVEL!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Grass Valley

Have you been to Grass Valley?

Latest Activity in Grass Valley