"...Izola..." Izola by KiNyA
Izola Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 84 photos
This ancient coastal town was also originally an island which was only connected with the mainland in the early 19th century. Until a houndred years ago Isola was primarily a fishing and farming (wine-growing and market-gardening) community. These days Isola is industrial and touristic town, one of my favourite in Slovenia. Most of the tourism is concentrated at the bay Simonov zaliv on the eastern side of Izola.
Drive to Portoroz or Piran, but take a road which goes also to Strunjan/Strugnano. Above Izola you have a perfect view... more travel advice
Usually I stay at Mala Seva, a weekend-house village which belongs to Malija village. Malija is just one of nice... more travel advice
KiNyA's Related Pages
Izola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Izola - Forgotten town on the Adriatic"
- "... just so that it's not always Piran!"
- "tetekung's new Izola Page"
- "isolina_it's new Izola Page"
- "Gingerpipp's Izola Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Izola
- Hotels in Izola
- Transportation in Izola
- Nightlife in Izola
- Restaurants in Izola
- Shopping in Izola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Izola
- 5 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Izola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Izola
Photos in IzolaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 61 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 20 reviews, 124 photos, 8 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marina di Pietrasanta Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vransko Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Elba Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos