"...Prekopa..." Prekopa by KiNyA

Prekopa Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 30 photos

Prekopa, my home village

Prekopa is flat, in the straight centre a bit cloddy village with less that 360 inhabitants. It is situated in the east of Vransko community, and has good road connections to Celje and Ljubljana.
Why am I mentioning this little village in VT? Because it's my home village and I'm proud of that I've found it as a destination with world's greatest cities like Tokyo, Paris, London, New York, Sao Paolo etc.

Prekopa's main social activity since 1229 when the village was 1st mentioned in history has been agriculture. Over 90% of housekeepings has saved the art of farming, through methods and produce has changed in all these years. Nowdays most of farmers keep small farms but there are some big farms in which are kept cows, bulls, and turkeys, and grown mainly hops.

The way of producing hops deserves to be mentioned so all of my travelouges will be dedicated to it. Coming soon….

• Intro Written Oct 14, 2002

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Interesting page on your home village of Prekopa!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM

It seems a lovely place!

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 10:20 AM

Hi Jerca, you were the featured VT'er as I logged in today. I enjoyed looking over your pages, and I like your little village :) Greetings from Saint Louis, Brian

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM

:-) Just pointed a friend to your hops drying! :D It's a beautiful thing....

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2004 at 1:31 PM

There's a lot to be said about "small towns". Your tribute to Prekopa is charming. Love the close-up photo of the cow!

• quartinb's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2004 at 6:11 AM

small handsome village..in slovenia!

• THLIN's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2004 at 3:56 AM

YOU seem to live in paradise. You are so lucky to live in such a place.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2004 at 8:09 AM

Nice, simple page of Prekopa. Very unique, not tourist traps or whatsoever!! Nice travelogue too. ;-)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 8:41 PM

I'm probably more than old enough to fit right in at that bar, except I don't speak a word of Slovenian! Nice little page Jerca. Drop by my North Haven page to see my beach town in Australia where I grew up!

• trotador's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2004 at 7:25 PM

Unique page, I love small towns and local bars LOL.

KiNyA Lives Here!

KiNyA

“Bite into life like it is a papaya and enjoy it...”

Badges & Stats in Prekopa

Have you been to Prekopa?

Latest Activity in Prekopa