Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path Tips by KiNyA
Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path: 169 reviews and 248 photos
Hawaii is home to eight different species of dolphin but the most famous and instantly recognizable are the Pacific bottlenose. Up to ten feet in length, they are easily identifies by their rounded forehead, or melon, and amicable expression. Usually seen in small groups or singly, they spend most of their time in the channels between the islands but will sometimes approach passing boats.
Dolphin QUest, a marine research and education center based at the Hilton Waikoloa Village, gives people of all ages a once in a lifetime chance to experience the magic of the dolphin world with hands-on encounters with these beautiful animals. Close to a dozen bottlenose dolphins are protected in a special area of the Hilton's four-acre, saltwater lagoon. Dolphin encounters are availible for people of all ages but space is limited.
Other Contact: Hilton Waikoloa Village
Swim with turtles (it's forbidden to touch them!), trumpet fish, uhu (parrotfish), moorish idols, several types of tang, moray eels, and many, many more, right off the shore of Kahalu'u Beach Park. The waters teem with marine life, and a mask and snorkel opens up this underwater world to even the most inexperienced swimmer. The waters are very gentle, protected by what remains of a breakwater built by early Hawaiians to aid in fish farming.
Kahalu'u became a beach park in 1966, and has all the amenities one needs.
It would be wasteless to lose words with describing this tip. Just look in the picture!
More Reviews (25)
- See All Enjoy the Dynamic Weather
- Experience The Landmark Kona Inn
- See All Hiking
- See All HRC Kona
- See All Boogieboarding
KiNyA's Related Pages
Hawaii (State of) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hang Loose in Hawaii"
- "Hawaiian Islands ~ GO Virtual"
- "A Month In Paradise"
- "Hawaii this beautiful place we fell in love with."
- "diver-x's Hawaii Page"
- "Scenic Hawaii"
- "BlueCollar's Hawai‘i"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hawaii (State of)
- Hotels in Hawaii (State of)
- Transportation in Hawaii (State of)
- Nightlife in Hawaii (State of)
- Restaurants in Hawaii (State of)
- Shopping in Hawaii (State of)
- Warnings and Dangers in Hawaii (State of)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hawaii (State of)
- 72 Reviews
- 130 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hawaii (State of)
- Posted in Travel Madrid Forum "Re: Babysitter Agency in Madrid"
- Wrote a Review Enjoy the Dynamic Weather in Hawaii (State of) Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "Swim with the turtles at Kahalu'u Beach Park"
- updated a Hawaii (State of) Travelogue "My Hawaii diary"
- Commented on one of sargentjeff's Hawaii (State of) travel pages
Photos in Hawaii (State of)See All Photos (130)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Slovenia Intro, 61 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Girona Intro, 20 reviews, 124 photos, 8 travelogues
- Hawaii (State of) Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Florence Intro, 39 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vysoke Tatry Intro, 21 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
- Marina di Pietrasanta Intro, 34 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vransko Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Elba Intro, 29 reviews, 30 photos