"KiNyA is back!" KiNyA's Profile

Three years later ...

I don't know what exactly happened but I somewhat did new things, met new people ... I never forgot VT, but I just didn't take time to do some things here, as I used to.
But now I'm back and I promise to update my paged in 2009! And add new pages, as in last three years I saw many wonderful places and had many unforgettable experiences.

Who is KiNyA?

My name is Jerca and I am 23 years old. After spending one year in Spain, now I spend most of time in a small village in the countryside where my parents run a farm. In *my spare time* I study Spanish language&literature and Journalism in Ljubljana, the capital.

In like to spend my free time outside in the nature. I love to go biking, roller blading, running, hiking and each day more - climbing!

I also like to read. I enjoy reading all kinds of literature. But recently I'm more into Hispanic literature because I have to read it for university. Yes, I enjoy it a lot. But when I finish education I'll have more time to read also other Slovenian and foreign authors.
By the way, if you like reading and you haven't read these books… You should!
• Vladimir Bartol: Alamut
• Gabriel Garcia Marquez: One hundred years of solitude
• Manuel Puig: Kiss of the Spider woman
• Luis Sepulveda: The old man who read the love stories
• Rosa Montero: The Canibal's daughter
• Miguel Delibes: Five hours with Mario
• Sidney Sheldon: The sands of time
And many many more :-)

And I love travelling, of course. Wherever I go, I liko to learn about local people, their culture and tradition, and take millions of photos :-)

Music makes sense!

I play the zither. It's quite rare musical instrument with 40 strings (few more, few less - depends on specific model). I've been playing it for ten years but also here I must admit I got lazyyyyy. Sad, because I used to be very good. I need to say that music changed my life. And I'm proud of it because I look on the world differently that some people of my age.
And what do I listen to? Mostly to Rock. Actually everything except Rave. My fave artists: Creed, Sting, James Blunt, U2, R.E.M., Matchbox20 ...
I also like Arabic rythms, I used to take belly-dancing classes :-)
And also Asian music, especially Japanese.

I luv mountains!

Mountains, mountains, mountains. In the past few years they really have become my greatest passion. As Slovenia is small I really don't have to go far to get to the mountains. But two years ago I completely felt in love with Italian Dolomites. What a beautiful landscape!!!
Last year one of my best friends invited me to join him on a tour in France and we reached Mont Blanc on July the 13th. With 4807 meters that's the highest peak I've been to … so far :-)

Last autumn I also started to climb. This sport fascinates me but I'm too heavy and too weak for rock climbing. But haven't given up yet. And am not planning to either :-)

In a few years, when I'm going to have more free time, I'm also thinking of going to alpinism school. We'll see ...

VT members I've met

Enzyme_X – Samo from Slovenia
horseskoby – Fergal from Ireland
Jaco_Emmen – Jaco from Holland
jto – Janne from Sweden
ka7ja – Katja >> my sister :-)
kopol – Etienne from France
KristaB – Kristina from Croatia (living in Slovenia now)
mario_spring_83 – Mario from Italy
mathias_M – Mathias from France (living in Germany now)
novsco61 – Tanja from Slovenia
Nykaenen – Zdenka from Croatia
oja – Polona from Slovenia
olja1234 – Olga from Slovenia
olrob – Olja from Serbia (living in Slovenia now)
Pakistaniguy – Umer from Pakistan
pepuzlin – Matic from Slovenia
Redang - Santi from Madrid
sabsi – Sabine from Germany
venusia – Sarah from Italy

Let me finish my motto:

... And don't get upset if sometimes the papaya juice runs down and gets on your dress. It washes out with time...

Ciao,

Jerca ^_^

• Intro Updated Dec 22, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
KiNyA's Profile Photo

KiNyA

“Bite into life like it is a papaya and enjoy it...”

Real Name